The web has grown considerably in the last few years and it has grown faster than anyone had imagined. In today’s web if you have a website you can’t just upload it on the internet, make some submissions on search engines and wait for traffic. You have to invest time and in some case money in marketing your website on the World Wide Web. While there are some genuine methods of website promotions there are quite a few practices which can end up harming your promotions as opposed to helping it.
We have compiled a list of practices which are considered as bad link building to give you an idea of what can be done and what should be avoided while promoting a website.
Here are 12 bad link building practices that one must avoid at all costs.
- Avoid low quality web directory: Always remember to submit a link to good web directories as submitting your website on a low quality web directory may result in your website being penalized by search engines such as Google if it has already penalized other websites from that web directory. Submit your website to renowned web directories such as Yahoo and the open directory project (http://www.dmoz.org/) etc.
- Avoid submitting articles for the sake of link promotion: It has been reported that Google and other search engines can identify junk articles written for the sake of link promotion and penalized the website.
- Submit your website in quality bookmarking services: Submitting your website on every bookmarking service that you encounter may seem like a good idea but it really isn’t. Just like the case with low quality web directories, submission on a low quality bookmarking service may result in your website being penalized. It is advised that your research and determine the authenticity of the bookmarking service before making a submission.
- Avoid Making Blog Comments With A Link: Multiple comments made on other blogs containing a link to your website could be considered as being artificial links and search engines might penalize your website for it. Known as blog spamming, this practice is really looked down upon and may end up harming your promotional efforts than benefiting it.
- Avoid Forum spamming: Forum is spamming is when one posts threads after threads to attract traffic to a website. Search engines can identify such practices and penalize the website being promoted.
- Don’t Buy Links: The practice is of buying links in order to get your website promoted is looked down upon by various search engines and if you are found to be involved in such practice than your website can be penalized heavily by these search engines.
- Don’t Put False Information: Sometimes webmasters advertise their websites with incorrect information. Not only is this unethical, but it does not go down well with the search engines as well. Always write accurate description when promoting your website.
- Don’t Put A Link Back On Fake Videos: Online video websites are a genuine marketing tool but only when you are promoting your website through genuine videos. Don’t go making incomplete or misleading videos only to promote your website. These videos are bound to generate more negative response than positive responses and it is going to reflect badly on the links associated with the video.
- Avoiding linking websites which indulge in spamming: Search engines distaste spamming websites like nothing else and they won’t hesitate in painting your website with the same brush if they suspect it of being involved with spamming in anyway.
- Don’t Post You Link On Websites Which Spam: From a search engine’s point of view, it is really bad if a link to your website is found on a page containing hundreds of other unrelated links. Your website might be considered a part of bigger spamming schemes and could be penalized.
- Avoid Using Profile Link Building Tools: Profile link building refer to the practice of adding a website on profile pages on various forums, social networking, media sharing gaming websites etc. which let you add your homepage on your profile. While genuine profile link building is advisable, what is not is using tools which go on creating a profile for your website mindlessly on unrelated websites. Search engines have developed algorithms that can identify genuine profile link from fake profile links and a website indulging in making fake profiles is penalized.
- Avoid Abusing The Web 2.0 platform: Web 2.0 consists of the many modern types of websites that have emerged in the recent past such as media streaming websites and social networking sites. While these are good platforms for website promotion they should not be abused as a promotional method. For example, on Facebook one could create an application or a fan page which posts stores linking to your website from time to time. Now that will be considered a creative use of the web 2.0 to promote your website. But posting your link on walls of any user you encounter will be considered as abuse and spamming and will result in your website being penalized.
Well there it is 12 link building practices which are considered bad and must be avoided,
I am Susan Hannan from Test4Prep; it gives 100% 000-281 Test Questions exams. Let’s take benefit of 000-959 Test Questions Exams material efficiently and get guaranteed success. Check out free demo of all certifications Exam.